Inspired by French Cooking and one of my favourite movies; Julie & Julia and Le Cordon Bleu.
- Bertolli with butter
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and trimmed (200g/7oz each)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ leek chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 100g mixed or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml chicken stock (made with ½ a stock cube)
- salt and pepper
- 100ml half-fat single cream
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- 300g broccoli, steamed, to serve
- Garlic potato mash, to serve
Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan, add the chicken breasts and fry for about 10 minutes, or until well browned on both sides. Set aside.
In the same pan, add a little more butter and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry until golden brown. If they start to stick, add a little stock to the pan.
Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the stock. Bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, lower the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in boiling salted water until tender.
Stir the single cream and parsley into the sauce and serve immediately with the broccoli and garlic potato mash.